Shakabuku

It's a swift, spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

National Youth Workers Convention (Lets go to Texas!) Day 1 & 2 recap


Well well...

Adam and I landed and survived the flight and made it too the hotel. After resting (being sick and traveling is not a good deal) I had dinner (CHicken and Dumpling) and it worked its magic and I was up and around for day 2.


Day two started with breakfast with the folks (mom and dad came to visit) and then I was off to the races. I walked through isle after isle of stuff.


Everything was available from shirts and banners to people who planned youth retreats for you. My favorite line from this was when Adam looked up and said that he does that now for much less than they were asking for.

Now to the important part!
Worship Leader Oh yea ...

The David Crowder Band

These guys are great!

We did serveral songs and had a blast! This set us up for the first message brought to us byBuster.

General Session #1: Buster Soaries

Normal faith is not what we need — it’s inadequate. We need to pray for astonishing faith if we want to see what God has in store for us.

In Matthew 8:5-10 the Centurion had faith that God could heal his servant from a distance. Whenever God is revealed, something happens!

How did the Centurion know Jesus could heal from a distance It had never been done before. Jesus touched other sick people or was in the presence in some way. The Centurion’s faith was astonishing. He believed God could do what He’s never done before. God specializes in things that have never happened before, not reruns.

This dude flat layed it down. He was both shouting and soothing all at the same time. I want to go to this guy's regular surmons.

I left feeling like.. Hey I can do this. I can have astonishing faith. Well... God can you give me astonishing faith please?!

For my session I learned about Mediashout and how to do all kinds of really cool stuff.

General Session #2: Mike Pilavachi
Mike spoke from his heart and told great stories that were both entertaining and heartwrenching.
This guy was
Jesus didn’t try to entertain anyone into the kingdom. He just had them hang out with Him through daily life and He taught them along the way.

He taught them and they owned their faith. They took the faith God gave them and declaired it theirs.

After this we went back to the Hotel and sat in the lobby and talked about theology with anyone who wanted to sit down. There was a feeling of community growing within our hotel and it was AWSOME (not the foil awsome but the real awsome)

Tomorrow I will try to remember some of what happend on Day 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home