Shakabuku

It's a swift, spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Elevator Chat

While waiting on the elevator to go to my floor at work there were three ladies chatting about some news stuff they had seen on tv. They were discussing several things when the subject of the attempted murder and kidnapping found below came up.

Link here

The discussion turned toward the darkness of people in general. They started saying that the world was so messed up and they could not believe that anyone would do that.

The general consensus from this group was that there was no help for the world.

Here is my big opportunity to tell them about the love of Jesus and His redemptive plan and ding they get off the elevator at the third floor and wander out into the hall.

It felt so empty in that elevator for the rest of the ride to the 6th floor. I thought about the fact that I just stood there. Then I tried to blame it on elevator etiquette and the awkward silence rule but was quickly back to asking myself why I didn’t share the truth with them.

After a while of pondering I have concluded that I just chickened out…

AGAIN!

Why do I keep letting rules and fears prevent the truth from being told. I pray that I will be His instrument and then when my part in the chorus comes up I do nothing.

I hate that feeling…

I pray I will do better next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home