Shakabuku

It's a swift, spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What the ....?!?!


I just returned from a trip to the great state of Connecticut. Although I do not wish to move there the weather was great and I had a good time. The actual visit was not the point of the blog rant though it was one of the passengers on the way over to the Northwest.

While boarding a plane in Cincinnati OH., I notice this guy with a bird in a cage boarding the plane also. Now this was not a small bird cage, it was a gihugic cage. When I get on the plane I am sitting directly behind the dude and his bird. He is explaining to the lady in the row across the isle from him that his bird is an African Grey Parrot, with a 187 word vocabulary (which is more than some of the adults at church seem to have).

He explains that he bought the bird his own seat on the plane and would have gone first class if the plane was big enough. There were a couple of guys in the seat in front of him that were asking him about the bird as well and he told them “this bird is a chick magnet”. Now looking at the guy I could see why he would want props to get some attention and to be honest any guy could use a bit of help. Thinking nothing of it I put on my earphones and started listening to music as the plane took off.

When the plane started to descend the bird guy (for lack of a better term) puts on a hat. The back of the hat says JESUS. Wow I thought, this guy must have taken this hat from Jesus. I wonder if Jesus knows and if he wants the hat back…

The guy gets off the plane and I see the front of the hat which says …

JESUS is my BOSS!

The two guys from the seat in front of him, the chick magnet discussion, start laughing as the bird guy walks away.

“How many chicks do you think the hat will get him” one asks to the other?

This is a silly example of what other people can think of us when we follow Christ with our heart but do not follow through with our actions.

A few minutes later when we get to the baggage claim area and the bird guy’s wife comes over and gives him a welcome home kiss (I noticed the ring earlier but left it out to create a bit of drama)

Having a bird as a chick magnet is not a great idea when your married. We need to try harder to have Jesus seen in us throughout the entire conversation and plane ride. Not just when we get off the plane.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home